Policy about processing of personal data collected by "Politecnico di Torino"
relating to the open access publication of the "European Journal of Spatial Development (EJSD)
(Regulation EU 2016/679, Art. 13)
Dear reader, as required by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679 - also known as "GDPR") we provide you with the following information regarding the processing of your personal data.
The Data Controller is the Politecnico di Torino, represented by the Rector, with statutory seat in C.so Duca degli Abruzzi, n. 24, 10129 – Turin, Italy.
The contact detail of the Data Controller is (certified e-mail): email@example.com
For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Officer ("DPO") of the Politecnico di Torino to whom data subject (natural persons) can contact for questions relating to the processing of their personal data and the exercise of their rights is contactable at the following address: email@example.com; certified e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRICIPLES, LEGAL BASIS AND PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the principles of data minimisation, accuracy, storage limitation, integrity, confidentiality and accountability (article 5, paragraph 1 of the GDPR), the Politecnico di
Torino (Data Controller) shall be processed your personal data in compliance with:
- pursuant to article. 6, paragraph 1, letter e) [“processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Controller”] of the GDPR for institutional purposes related to the transfer of knowledge in the fields of architecture, engineering and other polytechnic sciences;
- pursuant to article. 6, pararagraph 1, letter a) ["the data subject has explicitly consented to the processing or transfer of personal data"] of the Regulation UE 2016/679 if you decide to be informed about new publications and announcements or contacted for requests to review contributions to the journal
The personal data provided (name, surname, username, e-mail) will be processed by the Politecnico di Torino, in paper and / or computerized form, in order to integrate the first open access journal of the University ("European Journal of Spatial Development - EJSD") with your contributions.
In particular, the EJSD journal will host only the "metadata" but not the articles, which will reside (togheter with a metadata replicas) on an external platform called "Zenodo" that will act as an independent data controller (https://about.zenodo.org/policies/). All Zenodo data files are stored in CERN Data Centres, primarily Geneva (CH), with replicas in Budapest.
SUBJECTS AUTHORIZED FOR THE DATA PROCESSING, POSSIBLE RECIPIENTS OR CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS AND RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TREATMENT
The data processed for the aforementioned purposes will be communicated, or will in any case be accessible, to employees and collaborators assigned to the competent offices of the Politecnico di Torino, who will be adequately instructed by the Data Controller.
The management and storage of personal data collected by the Politecnico di Torino takes place on systems located within the University and / or external suppliers of some services necessary for the technical-administrative management which, for the sole purpose of the requested service, could come to knowledge of the personal data of the interested parties and who will be duly appointed as Data Processors pursuant to art. 28 of the GDPR.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
The data collected, for the pursuit of some of the aforementioned institutional purposes may have to be transferred to a country based outside the European Union (so-called third country). The Data Controller ensures from now on that this extra-EU transfer will only take place to third countries with respect to which there is an adequacy decision of the European Commission (Article 45 of the GDPR) or to third countries that provide one of the guarantees indicated as adequate by art. 46 of the GDPR.
PERIOD FOR WHICH PERSONAL DATA ARE STORED
The personal data related to your EJSD Journal personal account are kept for an unlimited period of time in accordance with the achieving obligations imposed by the law. You are right to request a clean erasure of them by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
PROVIDING PERSONAL DATA
You are not compelled to provide your personal data to Politecnico di Torino. If you refuse to provide your personal data, makes it impossible to use the EJSD platform and/or send your own written contributions.
AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING PROCESS
The data collected for the purposes described above will not be subject to processing involving an automated decision-making process (including profiling).
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
You are the Data Subject and you have the right to obtain from the Data Controller (in accordance with article 15 et seq. and followings of the GDPR):
- access to your personal data and to the information referred to in art. 15 of the GDPR;
- rectification of inaccurate personal data (including the right to have incomplete personal data completed);
- erasure of your personal data (except for data which must be kept by Politecnico di Torino) unless there are overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- restriction of processing pursuant to art. 18 of the GDPR.
You also have the right to:
- to oppose the processing of personal data, without prejudice to the provisions regarding the necessity and obligation of data processing in order to use the services offered;
- withdraw your consent given for non-compulsory processing of personal data, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Please contact the Data Controller if you want to exercise your rights.
You have the right to contact the Italian Data Protection Authority (Garante per la protezione dei dati personali) , following the instructions in the link: https://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/4535524, or other public supervisory authorities to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data.
This privacy statement has been updated on 2021.10.18