Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The manuscript is anonymous, i.e. all information that could identify the authors has been removed. In addition to the anonymous manuscript which will be sent to peer review, please upload a title page with all author information (name, affiliation, email, ORCID).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines. Please use the template to ensure proper formatting.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it submitted to another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs/DOIs for the references have been provided.
Research articles range in length between 7000 – 10.000 words (excluding abstract and references). Research articles contain a substantial empirical analysis with novel data. Research articles are subject to double-blind peer review.
Review articles range in length between 5000 – 7000 words (excluding abstract and references). Review articles do not contain an empirical study but centre around a literature review and theoretical discussion. Review articles are subject to double-blind peer review.
Debate articles range in length between 2000 – 4000 words. As short opinion pieces, these essays can include standpoints and critical analyses of current spatial development issues, policy debates and planning problems. Debate articles, while likely context-specific in nature, should have international relevance. Debate articles are reviewed by the journal editors.
Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following:
- Authors retain the rights to their work and give in to the journal the right of first publication of the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons License - Attributionthat allows others to share the work indicating the authorship and the initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can adhere to other agreements of non-exclusive license for the distribution of the published version of the work (e.g. to deposit it in an institutional repository or to publish it in a monography), provided to indicate that the document was first published in this journal.
- Authors can distribute their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges and it can increase the quotations of the published work.
- The authors are responsible for the language proficiency of their manuscript.